Lamont County is looking for a self motivated individual with outstanding organizational and customer service skills. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this position will provide a wide variety of administrative and clerical support to the Finance & Corporate Services and Emergency Services department.
The Reception & Administrative Assistant will be the first point of contact to those contacting Lamont County via in-person, telephone, and email. This role requires the ability to prioritize various administrative demands while managing the front desk and maintaining a professional and positive demeanour.
KEY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Front counter liaison to all visitors, members of public, and external vendors.
- Answer all incoming phone calls, re-direct calls and forward messages to appropriate line, respond to general inquiries and complaints as able to.
- Ensure incoming and outgoing mail is processed and distributed to the organization daily.
- Process payments for municipal goods and services such as cheques, tax payments, County maps, grader flags, and other cash receipting items as required.
- Provide administrative and accounting support to the Finance & Corporate Services department.
- Assist staff with booking meeting rooms, coordinate catering and clean up during Council meetings.
- Manage office and coffee room supplies, arrange servicing for building maintenance and office equipment as needed.
- Assist the Emergency Services department with processing fire permit requests and records management for training records.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Post-secondary courses or diploma in office administration, accounting, and/or a related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in an administrative and accounting position with a customer service focus.
- Prior municipal experience is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a professional demeanour and confidentiality when handling public inquiries, multiple demands, and complaints.
- Extremely organized with the ability to prioritize, manage calendars, handle multiple projects and complete tasks on various deadlines.
- Holds a basic understanding of accounting principles to reconcile and balance invoices/accounts.
- Team player with a positive attitude, genuine desire to help others wherever needed.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal) for internal and external County communications.
Lamont County is committed to protecting the health and safety of its employees, all personnel are governed by the County’s Health & Safety Program. A satisfactory driver’s abstract and criminal record check are requested as a pre-condition upon employment.
This position is based on a 35 hour work week, Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:00 pm. Lamont County offers a competitive salary, excellent comprehensive benefit package and participation in the Local Authorities Pension Plan. This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Lamont County thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. Please indicate in your application which position you are applying for. All resumes are retained on file for a period of 6 months.