Located in west central Alberta, Clearwater County is 18,000 square kilometres of diverse and breathtaking landscapes. From oil and gas to farming to forestry, industry and economic development abounds in the region. Living here, you will experience adventure right in your own backyard with countless lakes and rivers, mountains, forests and prairies offering a year-round outdoor playground for all.
Are you passionate about rural land use? Do you thrive on analysis, research and interacting with the public? Clearwater County has an opportunity for the right person who implements Council’s vision on land use and stewardship and fits the Planning & Development team.
Key responsibilities include making recommendations on subdivision applications; liaising between private developers, ratepayers and the Municipal Planning Commission, Council, Subdivision and Development Appeal Board; reviewing permits as they pertain to legislation, bylaws, and County policies; Conducting site inspections; responding and interacting with public inquiries in a timely manner.
- Post-secondary degree in planning or a related discipline and 3+ years of planning experience [asset: rural planning experience].
- Basic understanding of planning legislation, processes and interpretation and administration of same.
- Competent working knowledge in associated software applications including GIS software.
- Previous experience in municipal government is preferred.
- Eligible for, or current member in good standing with A.P.P.I.
- Interpretation and administration of planning legislation and processes.
- Ability to research, analyze and prepare reports for public presentation.
- Ability to communicate and present information.
- Ability to apply the concepts of excellent customer service in terms of interpersonal, relationships and conflict resolution skills.
- Able to manage change and deadlines.
If you enjoy working with dedicated professionals, utilizing and providing support to the departmental team and believe in excellent customer service, we want to hear from you.
Salary rate: from $40.72/hr.
Please provide a resume including a cover letter outlining what sparked your interest in your planning career, prior to noon on April 20, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clearwater County thanks all individuals who express interest in this position; however, only those individuals selected for interview will be contacted.