Do you have a passion for planning and development, recreation and parks and building services? Are you an experienced leader looking to be part of an Executive Leadership Team (ELT) in a diverse and progressive municipality? Do you want to work for an organization that provides you a platform to do amazing things in a down-to-earth and supportive atmosphere? If so, then keep reading.
A vibrant community starts with vibrant people. To fuel our positive work environment and the quality of services we provide, we have a team of skilled and passionate individuals. These include the approximately 60 team members in the Planning and Development; Planning Policy; Building Services; and, Recreation, Parks and Community Support departments. We are looking for the right person to lead these groups.
To support this vibrancy and provide the work-life balance we are all looking for, Rocky View County provides the support of professional development opportunities, competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, 32 paid days off in first year + general holidays, matching pension plan (LAPP and Apex), paid sick time and more.
Rocky View County is looking for your passion to support communities and advance the interests of Rocky View County by drawing on your extensive senior leadership expertise and understanding of the broader landscape of a municipal environment to:
- govern through strategic direction while overseeing the administration and operations, providing integration and direction
- work harmoniously with the CAO and Executive Leadership Team to design, develop and implement a corporate strategic business implementation plan for the County;
- be well informed of everything that goes on in the County and the Community Development Services Division to raise the County service levels as well as the County profile;
- participate in all short and long-term financial planning processes, ensuring continued improvement in all facets of the Division’s and the County’s financial affairs;
- be prepared and submit reports, answer questions, and provide appropriate recommendations regarding the areas of responsibility to Council;
- nurture and maintain working relationships dealing with inter-municipal planning while advancing the interests of Rocky View County;
- Active involvement and participation in Council, meetings, committees, open houses, and community groups
- provide leadership and guidance to Departments, monitor progress towards those goals and foster changes and improvements that make programs and services cost effective and efficient while delivering quality services that support and improve the quality of life of County residents and ratepayers; and,
- develop and implement planning strategies, statutory documents and municipal policy in a growing municipality.
- committed to serving others
- lead to make others better, inspire confidence
- civic-centric perspective
- understand social, economic, and political trends and issues facing municipal government
- pragmatic, data-driven decision maker
- support high employee engagement and motivation
- broad focused, forward thinker
- analytical assessment capacity
- value diversity for the perspectives it provides
- acknowledge how decisions, actions, and standards of performance influence work accomplishments
- recognize changes required to achieve better results going forward
A degree in a related discipline, preferably a Master’s Degree, along with a minimum ten years (10) years of diversified experience with extensive experience at a senior management level.
- it is preferable that the successful candidate has a background in Planning and Development, but related fields will also be considered
- certified in Local Government Management/Administration
- extensive experience and knowledge in business and municipal management
- effectively work in political environments at all levels
- extensive budget and financial acumen
- excellent leadership skills and experience in strategic planning, organizational development, and policy development
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain effective internal and external working relationships;
- able to prioritize and effectively manage time in an atmosphere of tight timelines, frequent interruptions, and changing priorities
Interested applicants are invited to apply direct to https://www.rockyview.ca/careers.
Applications are due by 10 pm MST on the closing date.