Lamont County is seeking a full time Executive Assistant to join the CAO & Legislative Services department. The successful individual will provide secretarial, administrative, and legislative support to the office of the CAO and County Council. The Executive Assistant reports to the CAO and manages the flow of critical information in a timely and accurate manner. This includes maintaining the organization and prioritization of schedules, correspondence, and follow up action items for the CAO and County Council in a confidential manner.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as a first point of contact on behalf of the CAO and Councillors with rate payers, other government officials, and the public.
- Provide daily briefings with the CAO and Council on their upcoming schedules and actionable items to follow up on.
- Review all in-coming correspondence and information. Forward matters to the attention of the CAO and Councillors, respond as necessary.
- Arrange travel, manage registrations, itineraries, coordinate payments for conferences, courses, workshops, special events, public engagements for the CAO and Council.
- Draft and compose routine and confidential correspondence as requested.
- Coordinate and schedule appointments/meetings for the CAO and Council.
- Perform the duties of Clerk for the Intermunicipal Subdivision and Development Appeal Board (ISDAB).
- Responsible for the County’s records management system, ensure municipal documents are filed appropriately such as minutes, policies, contracts, and by-laws.
- Preparation of agenda packages, distributing to all Council members and attendees prior to meetings.
- Arrange lunch orders for the CAO, Council, and attending staff during Council Meetings.
- Assist the Returning Officer with the Municipal Election, including the scheduling of activities and coordination of events.
- This position may involve working evenings and weekends, as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Certificate in Office Administration or a related post-secondary education.
- 5 years of progressive experience working closely with executive-level positions as an assistant, preferably in a municipal or non-profit environment.
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License.
- Experience working with iCompass software and SharePoint would be an asset.
- Experience in recording and transcribing meeting minutes.
- Considerable knowledge of FOIP legislation and the Municipal Government Act is considered an asset.
- Solid organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to act with tact and discretion in managing highly confidential, sensitive, and political matters.
- Strong writing skills in order to draft general correspondence appropriately.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with various government officials, industry representatives, and the public.
- Ability to self motivate, take initiative, and use discretion professionally.
Lamont County is committed to protecting the health and safety of its employees, all personnel are governed by the County’s Health & Safety Program. A satisfactory driver’s abstract and criminal record check are requested as a pre-condition upon employment.
This position is based on a 35 hour work week, Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:00 pm. Lamont County offers a competitive salary, excellent comprehensive benefit package and participation in the Local Authorities Pension Plan. This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Lamont County thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. Please indicate in your application which position you are applying for. All resumes are retained on file for a period of 6 months.