The City of Spruce Grove is a fast growing, dynamic city committed to building and maintaining a fiscally responsible community that serves our residents, attracts visitors and promotes future growth. Through the actions of the Values We Live By, accountability, communication, leadership, integrity and respect are encouraged, while maintaining a work, play balance.
A key contributing member of the organization’s leadership group, The Director, Human Resources (HR), is a dynamic and innovative leader that is responsible for leading out the delivery of client focused human resource services that elevate the performance of the organization. In addition to leading and refining the delivery of foundational human resource services such as recruitment, performance management planning, occupational health and safety, training and development, compensation and benefits, job evaluation and classification, and payroll; the Director is a strategic leader and business partner who facilitates effective workforce planning and organizational design with an eye to maximizing the value from a robust workplace culture. The incumbent thinks and acts strategically by anticipating the holistic human resource needs of the organization and providing innovative options to the organization’s leaders and other relevant stakeholders. The Director is a trusted and respected key advisor for labour relations and collective bargaining. This position reports to the General Manager of Corporate Services.
If you are a professional who:
- Seeks challenge and is keen to demonstrate your leadership capabilities in an innovative and dynamic environment
- Understands and lives the value of what a true business partner and leader can enable, and
- Wants to make a difference in the ‘Community of Choice’.
……then we want to hear from you
- Post-secondary Degree in Business, Commerce, Human Resource Management or equivalent.
- Fifteen (15) to seventeen (17) years of related experience which includes five (5) or more years of leadership and supervisory experience. Equivalencies for the number of years of experience combined with education will be considered.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years labour relations experience.
- Chartered Professional Human Resources (CPHR) required.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) an asset.
- Certified Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) an asset.
We are seeking a candidate with the following:
- Demonstrated experience in leading the development and implementation of successful innovative human resource practices and work place culture strategies
- Extensive knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, recruitment, organization development, employee and labour relations, occupational health & safety, employee engagement, employee development and workplace culture reviews.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, develop and maximize the potential of staff and team members.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a business partner and knowledgeable, respected advisor to the organization leaders
- Demonstrated ability in leading out the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources recognition and engagement programs and processes.
Visit our website at www.sprucegrove.org to view the full position description and to apply online.