Chiniki First Nation (CFN) is 30 minutes west of the City of Calgary located in Morley, Alberta and amongst the beautiful Rocky Mountains. They are looking for an experienced, highly skilled Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to join its Administration team.
You will be working in a fast paced and challenging environment with significant opportunity for personal development and job satisfaction.
- The position works closely with and reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Overall financial management, including but not limited to CFN's internal controls, financial plans, policies, accounting practices, the conduct of its relationships with lending institutions, the maintenance, preparation of periodic financial reports and annual/5 year budgets
- Supervision and performance evaluation of accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll
- Prepare financial data for funding applications/proposals
- Analyze financial viability of new ventures.
- Liaise with and identify revenue streams, cost savings with the Stoney Tribal Administration finance department
- Internal and external financial reporting.
- Financial statement preparation including audit working paper and lead sheet preparation.
- Prepare monthly / quarterly financial statements for CEO review prior to Chiniki First Nation Council.
- Liaise with Program Managers and advise them of the financial position of their program.
- Other non-routine, complex accounting assignments requiring highly developed analytical skills and business acumen.
Education, skills and Qualifications:
- CPA Designation, or close to completion
- At least five years progressive experience in a more senior financial role
- Full familiarity and experienced with financial accounting systems
- Experience working in First Nations and Xyntax software are definite assets.
- Ability to provide direction to Managers and recommendations to CEO and Chief & Council to ensure compliance with existing financial policies, procedures, and budgets
- Excellent written and oral communication as well as presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills
Chiniki First Nation offers an attractive, competitive compensation and benefits package based on education, experience, and qualifications.
If you are interested, please submit your resume, cover letter and two reference letters with permission to contact them to;
Stoney Tribal Administration
c/o Stoney Nakoda Human Resources
This opportunity will remain open until appropriate candidates are found. We thank all applicants for their interest in the First Nation but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.