The Village of Boyle is a progressive community located 1-1/2 hours northwest of Edmonton. With a population of just under 1000, the Village is financially stable and offers small center living within close proximity to larger centres. Reporting to the Mayor and Council, the individual chosen for this position will be responsible for directing the overall operations of the Village in accordance with the objectives, goals and policies approved by Council. This position is additionally responsible for the management of the Village’s Natural Gas distribution system.
The ideal candidate will possess the following competencies:
- Senior managerial experience in local government together with post-secondary education in a related discipline and /or certification in local government management. An equivalent combination of relevant management experience and education from other sectors will be considered. Relevant experience in local government.
- The ability to work collaboratively with Council in building the community and effectively represent the interests of the Village.
- The ability to work with other staff and managers in a team setting.
- Excellent communication, personnel and public relation skills.
- Strong computer knowledge and experience in the “Icity accounting/taxation program” would be an asset.
- Broad knowledge of economic development.
- Development Officer experience.
Candidates interested in fulfilling this role are to submit, in confidence, a resume with salary expectations, covering letter and references to:
Mayor Colin Derko
Boyle Alberta, T0A 0M0
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be received until noon, April 29, 2021.
Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.